Dairy and meat processing is a vital sector which contributes to India’s economy. To support this sector, the Central Government, in cooperation with Prime Minister’s Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan has launched the Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund scheme. AHIDF scheme aims to improve the scope of investments in infrastructure and animal feed plants in private sector.
- Scheme Name: Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund
- Scheme Implemented: 2020
- Scheme Fund Allocated: Rs. 15,000 Crore
- Type of Government Scheme: Central Sector Scheme
- Sponsored or Sector Scheme: Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying
- Website to Apply: https://ahidf.udyamimitra.in/
- Helpline No: NA
Key Features of AHIDF:
|Implementing Agencies||Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying|
|Eligible Beneficiaries||Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs), Micro Small Medium Enterprises (MSMEs), Section 8 Companies, Private Companies, Individual Entrepreneurs|
|Incentivizing investments by eligible beneficiaries to establish||
|Credit Facilities||Beneficiaries can avail Credit facilities upto 90% loan|
|Interest Subvention||3% for all eligible entities|
|Beneficiary Contribution as per MSME defined ceiling
|Repayment Period||2 years of moratorium period for principal amount and 6 years repayment period thereafter|
|Credit Guarantee||Credit Guarantee Fund of Rs. 750 crores set up by government and managed by NABARD. 25% of the credit facility available to the burrower will be provided only for the projects which are viable and covered under MSME defined ceilings|
Latest News about the scheme:
Recently, a conclave is organized by Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying in collaboration with Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) and Industry Associations etc. This conclave aimed at ensuring the participants with best possible knowledge inputs related to the AHIDF Scheme and facilitation of various stakeholders. During the conclave, the launch of Credit Guarantee Online Portal, inauguration of five major plants set up with the support of AHIDF scheme, felicitation of Entrepreneurs/lenders & Networking between all stakeholders and upcoming entrepreneurs was done. A Revamped Online Portal for AHIDF was also launched in the conclave.
Objectives of Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund:
- To aid in increasing of milk, meat processing capacity and product diversification thereby giving access for unorganized rural milk and meat producers to organized milk and meat market.
- To produce quality milk and meat products for the domestic consumer.
- To boost exports and increase the export contribution in the milk and meat sector.
- Develop entrepreneurship and generate employment.
- The schemes desire to supply quality concentrated animals feed to the cattle, buffalo, sheep, goat, pig and poultry to provide balanced ration at affordable prices.
- PAN Card / Aadhar Card
- Address Proof
- Income Proof
- Educational Certificates
- Landholding Proof
- Site plan of the project
- Bank Statements for last 6 months
- List of Machinery & Equipment
- Roadmap to ensure the Quality management of the product, product promotion and market development
- Layout plan of processing facility certified by a registered architect
How to apply?
Step 1: Visit the official website of Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund i.e. https://ahidf.udyamimitra.in/
Step 2: On the Homepage, Click on ‘Apply for loan’ option
Step 3: Login to the applicant’s portal by entering the mobile number and OTP will be sent to the respective number
Step 4: Enter the OTP received and Click on Go option
Step 5: Fill in the application with required details such as Name, Constitution, Proposed Infrastructure, Eligibility, Applicants details, Project details, etc. Click on ‘Submit’ to proceed.
Step 6: Upload the mentioned documents and Click on Submit Application option to complete the steps.
Ideally, the ministry will conduct an initial screening of the application based on AHIDF scheme guidelines. A lender will pick the loan application form from the portal and approve it after examining the submitted documents. Based on lenders’ sanction letters, the ministry will approve interest subvention and mark the same on the official portal. The loan is dispersed when the applicant meets all the requirements stipulated by the lender. Apart from this AHIDF eligibility criteria, potential applicants have to submit certain documents to validate their identity.
Thus, investment incentivization in AHIDF would not only leverage 7 times private investment but also motivates farmers to invest more on inputs thereby driving higher productivity leading to increase in farmers income.
Note: The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. Nothing herein shall be construed to be financial or legal advice. Pesticides are a considerable risk of loss in crops and viewers are advised to do their own research before making any decisions.