Beekeeping is an age-old tradition in India. These days, there is an increase in interest in this field and beekeeping has emerged as one of the most profitable businesses in India. This is under the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, particularly the National Beekeeping & Honey Mission (NBHM). The Madhukranti Portal and Honey Corners is an initiative of the National Bee Board (NBB) to compile the scattered beekeepers across India under one roof.
- Scheme Name: Madhu Kranti Portal
- Scheme Modified: 7th April 2021
- Scheme Fund Allocated: INR 500 crore
- Type of Government Scheme: Central Government of India
- Sponsored / Sector Scheme: National Beekeeping & Honey Mission (NBHM)
- Website to apply: https://madhukranti.in
- Helpline No.: 011-23325265, 23719025; Tech Support: 18001025026
The Madhu Kranti Portal allows bee farmers to register under various categories so that the authorities have a database about the authenticity of the honey produced. There are five categories for registration and different sections for the beekeepers themselves. The registered users will get various benefits of getting quality bees for farming, insurance, easy migration, management assistance, etc. A membership fee is applicable for the Lifetime Registration, but you can choose the category and later earn more advantages as a registered user.
|Registration categories||New registration, registration renewal, certificate, membership in various categories, etc.|
|Who can register?||Individual beekeepers, firms, companies, or a society.|
|How is it useful?||Registered users will get a unique number which will be used everywhere from local market to exporting.|
Latest News about the scheme:
- Over 20 lakh honeybee colonies have registered with National Bee Board (NBB) on Madhukranti portal.
- India is currently producing about 1,33,000 metric tonnes (MTs) of Honey (2021-2022) and has exported 74,413.05MT of Honey world-wide during 2021-22.
- 114 projects for assistance of about Rs. 139.23 crores, approved and sanctioned for funding under NBHM during 2020-21 & 2021-22.
Benefits of the Madhu Kranti Portal
- The beekeeping sector in India has been an unorganised section that needed some organisation. The Madhukranti Portal provides this platform where the entrepreneurs and the government will be on the same page.
- The registration in this portal allows honey traceability through digital mode using a unique identity number.
- There are provisions to check the quality of the honey produced and the level of impurity in it.
- The prerequisite encourages farmers to generate high-quality honey through authentic processes and quality honeybees allotted.
- Farmers may get insurance of up to one lakh.
- Every agent from those dealing in honey production, processing units, packaging, marketing entities and exporting agents must register in this portal.
- It will promote more honey production through various methods and improve the chances of exporting quality honey.
- The digital portal will be a window for better marketing of the produced honey, thus reducing the cost of marketing.
Drawbacks of the Madhu Kranti Portal
Apart from the concern about data privacy, the Madhu Kranti Portal does not pose any other threat or show any negative side to it. The only problem will be to help everyone know about this to get maximum participation. The scheme will be successful as long as all claims are fulfilled and the users benefit as expected.
How to register at Madhu Kranti Portal?
While there are different registrations at the Madhu Kranti Portal, the basic steps are the same. You can follow these steps for registration.
- Step 1. Go to the registration portal as mentioned.
- Step 2. Click on the Registration tab and choose your registration type.
- Step 3. Choose the appropriate category from the options and start filling in.
- Step 4. Fill in all the columns and boxes as needed and upload supportive documents.
- Step 5. Review the information provided and hit the submit button.
- Step 6. Once you get the registration ID, save it for future reference.
- Step 7. You will also get login credentials for the future.
- Aadhaar number
- Address proof (should be the same on the aadhaar card as provided)
- Latest phone number as registered for the aadhaar card and email ID
- Caster certificate for the eligible
- Latest passport size photograph to be uploaded
The Madhukranti Portal and the various associated missions and schemes all come under the ‘Sweet Revolution’ that will improve the production of quality honey and the farmers’ prospects through better marketing and pricing of the products. The portal connects the producers, suppliers, and marketers under one roof, making the entire process easier and more cost-effective. The portal lets the user track their record for the past years.
Note: The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. Nothing herein shall be construed to be financial or legal advice. Pesticides are a considerable risk of loss in crops and viewers are advised to do their own research before making any decisions.