The Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh launched the Kisan Kalyan Yojana in September 2022. The scheme aims to make the agriculture sector a more profitable business. It promotes the use of advanced technology to improve the farmer’s productivity. The scheme will also help farmers increase their incomes with extra financial help, which will be in addition to the existing Central Government Plans. This will be beneficial for farmers in the rural and urban areas of the state. The scheme allows an annual amount of INR 4000 which will be paid in instalments after a thorough verification process.
- Scheme Name: Mukhyamantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana/Chief Minister Farmer Welfare Scheme
- Scheme Modified: 22.09.2020
- Scheme Fund Allocated: INR 4000 in two instalments
- Type of Government Scheme: State Government of Madhya Pradesh
- Sponsored / Sector Scheme: NA
- Website to apply: http://saara.mp.gov.in/
- Helpline No.: NA
Features of Mukhyamantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana
The Mukhyamantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana aims to increase the income of farmers in Madhya Pradesh. The government will give financial assistance to farmers, which will help them get out of debt and increase their income. This scheme is linked to the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana so that all beneficiaries of the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana can also be covered under this scheme. The verification process during the application procedure ensures that only the real farmers are its beneficiaries.
Benefits of Mukhyamantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana
- Under the Mukhyamantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana, financial assistance will be given to farmers by the government.
- The amount of this assistance is ₹ 4000. This money will be given in two instalments.
- The assistance amount will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of farmers.
- All beneficiaries of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana have been covered under this scheme.
- With the two schemes combined, the farmers will have an annual income of INR 10,000.
- While the two schemes are linked, benefits will be provided separately.
- The government tries to improve the economic condition of farmers through this scheme.
- Most importantly there is no application fee and the entire process is free of cost.
Drawbacks of Mukhyamantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana
The Mukhyamantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana does not have any negative sides to talk about. Since there is no separate requirement for an application and all farmers under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme are eligible, this is one of the most beneficial projects to help the farmers financially. Not only do they have to make an effort for the assistance, but the amount will also be directly credited to their accounts in a timely fashion.
The only difficulty will be if you have not applied for the other scheme. Applying for it will be easy but it may take a few days to get the registration complete and the issuance of the Kisan card. The trouble would be if the instalment due might get over by the time you get the card.
How to Apply?
To be eligible for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme, you must be a permanent resident of Madhya Pradesh. You must also register under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme, and be a small marginal farmer with cultivable land for farming. Start by applying for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, if you haven’t.
There is no separate registration for the Mukhyamantri Kisan Kalyan Yojana since every farmer who is listed under the Kisan Samman Nidhi scheme will be under this scheme as well.
When you log in to the official website of the state portal, you can see the list of beneficiaries of each district, village and area etc. You can simply click on the Chief Minister Farmer Welfare Scheme tab to open the dashboard.
These are the documents that you need to have to be eligible for the scheme. This will be required any time the authorities ask.
- Aadhar card
- Address proof
- Kisan Credit Card or Kisan Vikas Patra
- Ration card
- Registration no. of PM Kisan Yojana
In a state like Madhya Pradesh, a significant number of farmers still struggle to get a decent income through farming, such schemes will be a cool breeze. They are getting additional benefits without much effort which you can utilise to improve their farmland and other accessories.
Note: The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. Nothing herein shall be construed to be financial or legal advice. Pesticides are a considerable risk of loss in crops and viewers are advised to do their own research before making any decisions.