The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare initiated the National Livestock Mission in 2014 to improve the livestock sector. The objective of this mission is to increase livestock farming through sustainable methods. The mission covers various categories of livestock and has several subcategories as well. This national scheme helps livestock farmers with subsidies and loans to start or revamp their sheds and businesses. You will get more information about this scheme from the Central Government of India.
- Scheme Name: National Livestock Mission
- Scheme Modified: July 2021
- Scheme Fund Allocated: 25-50% of the cost or up to INR 30 lakhs
- Type of Government Scheme: Central Government of India
- Sponsored / Sector Scheme: Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying (AH&D)
- Website to apply: https://nlm.udyamimitra.in/Home/PreApplication
- Helpline No.: 1800 180 1551 or in respective states.
The National Livestock Mission is for entrepreneurship development and breed improvement in various fields such as poultry, feed, fodder, etc. The scheme ensures the availability of fodder and feeds through sustainable methods, thus reducing the cost for the farmers. The subcategories of this scheme are,
- Breed Development Of Livestock And Poultry: for holistic development of poultry, cattle, and buffalo.
- Feed And Fodder Development to reduce the scarcity of animal feed and improve the export prospects.
- Innovation And Extension provide assistance, guidance, and training for farmers and other interested people on various technologies to improve skills and techniques in this field.
|Who can benefit?||Farmers, partnerships, companies, etc.|
|How does it help?||Subsidy of 50% of the cost of the project
Subsidy up to INR 25-30 lakhs
Quality seeds for fodder and feed production
|Assistance with||Investment, techniques, infrastructure, marketing, insurance, prevention of animal diseases, & quality animal nutrition.|
Benefits of the National Livestock Mission
- The main objective is an increase in poultry farming, with more farmers in this field and reducing the availability gap.
- Promote good quality seeds and thus quality feed and fodder for the livestock. An increase in production reduces the scarcity of fodder in the market.
- The technologies used here will be sustainable, which can cut costs and improve quality.
- There will be assistance with animal disease control which will improve the overall productivity of the farms.
- Farmers will be able to rear more poultry with less cost and improved rearing measures.
Drawback of National Livestock Mission
The mission has been implemented as Rashtriya Pashudhan Vikas Yojana from 2019 onwards and is seeing significant participation ever since. Although ample measures are taken to increase poultry farmers’ awareness about sustainable production methods and other objectives here, the vast number of farmers in India still needs to be under this scheme.
The online application method is convenient, but it may still need to be more reachable for many. Yes, there are alternatives for offline application submission, but there could be red tape obstacles.
How to Apply for a National Livestock Mission loan?
The National Livestock Mission loan application process is online through the Udyami Mitra portal. The process is explained here.
- Step 1. Go to the portal mentioned above.
- Step 2. Click on the View/Download the Application Form button.
- Step 3. Duly fill in the necessary details and upload the documents as needed.
- Step 4. The submitted form will be under evaluation by the State Implementing Agency (SIA)
- Step 5. The SIA will forward the recommendation to the bank.
- Step 6. The concerned bank will upload the loan approval letter to the website.
- Step 7. Now, the SIA will forward their recommendation to the State Level Executive Committee (SLEC) and the Central Government.
- Step 8. Once the Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying approves the project, the loan amount will be disbursed to the Applicant.
- Detailed Project Report (DPR)
- Land documents
- Photographs of the project site
- Proof of Applicant’s share
- List of farmers linked with details of each of them
Documents related to Applicant
- PAN card
- GST registration certificate
- Certificate of Incorporation/ Partnership Deed
- Address Proof
- Last three years audited Annual financial statements and income tax returns, if applicable.
- 6-Months Bank statement
- Cancelled cheque and bank mandate form.
Documents related to Key Promoter
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- Address Proof
- Caste certificate
- Education certificates
- Training certificates
- Livestock farming activities experience letter/ certificate done earlier
The National Livestock Mission was initiated a few years back, and it has now reached its most fulfilling period with more inclusions and assistance for the farmers. This scheme is open for all who need or have a farm of any number of units.
Note: The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. Nothing herein shall be construed to be financial or legal advice. Pesticides are a considerable risk of loss in crops and viewers are advised to do their own research before making any decisions.