Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY) motivates farmers to take up organic farming by providing them with financial assistance. Government of India implemented this PKVY scheme to promote chemical free organic farming in the country in cluster mode. PKVY is an elaborated component of Soil Health Management (SHM) under National Mission of Sustainable Agriculture (NMSA). The main objective of PKVY is to support and promote organic farming, thereby improving the soil health.
- Scheme Name: Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana
- Scheme Implemented: 2015
- Scheme Fund Allocated: As per central share allocation
- Type of Government Scheme: Centrally Sponsored Scheme
- Sponsored/Sector Scheme: Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
- Website to Apply: https://pgsindia-ncof.gov.in
- Helpline No: NA
Features of Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana:
PKVY scheme involves certificate generation for organic farming through Participatory Guarantee System (PGS) certification methods. PGS gives organic labels to farms which changes the land from conventional farms to organic farms and also helps to market their products domestically.
|To create organic farmland with legal certification
|Modern Organic Cluster demonstrations – Aim at boosting/ promoting organic farming by creating awareness on the latest technologies of organic farming
|Model Organic Farm – It aims at demonstrating conversion of conventional land into organic farming practices in one-hectare parcels. This component also helps to spread the information on latest technologies of various units of organic inputs production through exposure visits to farmers
|50 or more farmers will form a cluster having 50-acre land to take up organic farming. For 3 years 10,000 clusters will be formed covering 5 lakh acre area under organic farming
|Rs 50000/ha/3years is provided for cluster formation, capacity building, incentives for inputs, value addition and marketing. Out of which Rs 31000/ha/3years is provided for preparation/procurement of organic inputs such as bio/organic fertilizers, biopesticides, seeds etc. through DBT and Rs 8800/ha/3years is provided for value addition and marketing that includes post-harvest management practices like storage
|Time period for land conversion
|Under PKVY scheme, to be legally qualified for PGS Certification, the farmers have to convert the land into organic farmland within a time period of 36 months
Benefits of Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana
- PKVY is a significant motivating factor for the famers to do organic farming
- The scheme stresses end-to-end support to organic farmers i.e from production to certification and marketing. It also helps in promoting domestic markets for agriculture produce including the adoption of organic farm practices
- The farmers will get complete financial support under this scheme
- This scheme helps the farmers to become more sustainable as there is a mixture of modern methods and traditional systems.
- The scheme will provide financial aid to build clusters, get more inputs, build the capacity, marketing and other work which can add to the value
- Farmers will get the fund in their bank through Direct Bank Transfer
Latest News about PKVY
According to the latest data, In PKVY scheme 32384 clusters have been formed and an area of 6.53 lakh hectare has been covered benefitting 16.19 lakh farmers.
Documents Required for PKVY
- Aadhar Card
- Residence Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Ration Card
- Passport size photograph
How to apply for Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana?
Step 1: Visit the official website of Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana i.e https://pgsindia-ncof.gov.in
Step 2: On the Homepage, Click on Apply Now option
Step 3: The application page will be displayed on the screen
Step 4: Enter all the required information in the form. (Mention all details like name, mobile number, address, email id, bank details etc.) and upload necessary documents
Step 5: Click on the Submit Button for the Final Submission of the application
Paramparagat Krishi Vikas Yojana (PKVY) is promoting commercial organic production through certified organic farming. This scheme will motivate the farmers for natural resource mobilization for input production and encourage them to do organic farming. Financial assistance will be provided to the farmers during the initial phase of transition from chemical farming to organic farming.