India’s fisheries sector has shown tremendous growth in recent years and has contributed an impressive amount to the economy. Owing to the potential of this sector, the Department of Fisheries in India introduced the PM Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) in 2020. The scheme aims to create a robust framework for the management and welfare of the fishermen. The Matsya Sampada Yojana is now available in all states of Union territories of India. Here, you will see all the relevant information about this scheme.
- Scheme Name: Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana scheme
- Scheme Modified: 10.09.2020
- Scheme Fund Allocated: INR 20,000 crores in 5 years
- Type of Government Scheme: Central Government of India
- Sponsored / Sector Scheme: Department of Fisheries
- Website to apply: http://dof.gov.in/pmmsy
- Helpline No.: 1800-425-1660
Features of Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
The PM Yojana for fishermen aims to bring development in the fisheries and related departments in a sustainable manner. The Central Government of India has provided thousands of crores for this scheme for the next five years. Under this scheme, there will be financial support for the selected in two categories.
- Central Sector Scheme (CS)
- Central Sponsored Scheme (CSS)
Both of these categories will have a non-beneficiary-oriented and a beneficiary-oriented scheme. Depending on the type of the projects, the funding portion of the Central Government will be 100%, 60%, or 40% for the Union Territories, SC/ST, women, and general categories, respectively. The states or the individual beneficiaries will bear the remaining portion.
The projects under this scheme will focus on increasing production and productivity, infrastructure, management after the harvest, and general management and network.
|Who will benefit||Fishermen, fish farmers, workers, vendors, self help groups, cooperatives, fisheries federations, private forms, entrepreneurs, companies, individuals, women, disabled people, etc.|
|Individual contribution applicable to||Beneficiary oriented scheme under the Central Sponsored Scheme|
Benefits of Pradhanmantri Matsya Yojana
- The Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana website says the scheme intends to bring a Blue Revolution to the country using sustainable development methods.
- There will be an increase in fish production, and the expansion will bring more productivity.
- The focus will be more on the management during the post-harvest period to improve production quality.
- Gradual improvements will increase the farmers’ income, thus creating more employment opportunities.
- The scheme also aims to improve the contribution towards exporting.
- The fundamental objective is to provide a more secure economic environment for fish farmers.
- There will be more regulations and management strategies for a better framework.
Drawbacks of PMMSY
One of the major drawbacks is that the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana registration is only partially online. You need to download the necessary information and format your report accordingly. There are no online forms to fill in or digital submissions, and the submission process is offline, with more than one copy of the entire set. You will see more information on this in the next section here.
While the project is applicable all over India, there are certain areas that the government emphasises more than others parts. According to them, places in North India with alkaline and salt water will have more focus and provision for help.
How to apply?
You will need help to be able to apply for the PM Matsya Sampada Yojana online. You must submit the PM MSY application form to the relevant authorities, and please follow these steps.
- Step 1 Go to the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana official website and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Step 2 Locate the TEMPLATE tab and click on it.
- Step 3 You will be on a new page and must choose the option- Template for Preparation of DPR for Fisheries Projects.
- Step 4 A PDF form will appear. Click the download button for this document.
- Step 5 Follow the same pattern and format for your DPR.
- Step 6 Submit two copies of your DPR along with relevant documents to the National Fisheries Development Board – NFDB and one set of copies to the Department of Fisheries.
The documents required for the Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana application will be mentioned in PDF format.
Prime Minister Matsya Sampada Yojana is an umbrella scheme with several sections. All relevant sections here collectively focus on the overall improvement of the fishers and fish farmers in its various departments.
Note: The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. Nothing herein shall be construed to be financial or legal advice. Pesticides are a considerable risk of loss in crops and viewers are advised to do their own research before making any decisions.