A major share of farmers in India suffers due to a lack of enough funds to buy agricultural equipment to improve their lands. Here is a helping hand from the State of Bihar with its Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana that provides subsidies on the rent of agricultural machinery or other equipment. The Central government is already implementing various schemes to improve the farmer’s income and the state is also doing its share with such schemes. Through this, the government aims to improve the farmers’ prosperity by reducing their burden on costly equipment.
- Scheme Name: Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana
- Scheme Modified: 24.08.2018
- Scheme Fund Allocated: 50% subsidy on machinery rental
- Type of Government Scheme: State Government of Bihar
- Sponsored / Sector Scheme: NA
- Website to apply: NA
- Helpline No.: NA
Features of Sinchai Krishi Sanyantra
The State Government will set up Krishi Sanyantra Bank (KSB) in PACS with an estimated cost of 20 lakh rupees for the construction of the KSB building and other facilities. The Bihar Government has set aside a total fund of Rs.1692.60 crore for implementing this programme. This will help the small and marginal farmers in the state. The scheme makes the availability of farm machinery easier and more affordable for farmers. It will balance the economy of such machinery by providing financial assistance to the farmers. Under this scheme, the farmers will now be able to afford larger machines even for small farms
|Who can apply?
|Any farmer or group of farmers who is a resident of Bihar state.
|At least one of the applicants must own farmland in Bihar.
|50% subsidy on expensive agriculture machinery through Agricultural Machinery Bank (Krishi Sanyatra Bank)
Benefits of Sinchai Krishi Sanyantra
- The government will implement this Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana to help farmers increase their agricultural yields and improve their financial conditions.
- This scheme will provide support services, equipment rental, and assistance programs for small and marginal farmers.
- It will also increase the reach of farm mechanization in areas where there is low availability of farm power.
- The government will offer 50% of the total expenditure as credit and the remaining 50% as an endowment. The government has set aside a considerable amount for this scheme to allot bank loans and agricultural machinery rental schemes from banks across the country.
Drawbacks of Sinchai Krishi Sanyantra?
The Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana is implemented through the Agricultural Machinery Bank. The scheme benefits most farmers in the state. They need not suffer loan repayment. The only thing they must ensure is to return the machinery or equipment they have rented, to the respective office after its use. There is no application fee or rental charges on the farmer. This scheme does not have any drawbacks per so the only thing that could improve with this scheme is to make the application process simpler and offer online registration as well.
How to Apply?
- You can apply for the Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana at the nearby Gram Panchayat or Tehsil office.
- The government will issue a notification for the application process on its official website.
- During this time, the applicants must fill in the mandatory fields such as Aadhaar card number, email address, pending application number or sanction number, fees paid, irrigation source details, and capacity desired.
- Then, you must submit it to the local office for verification.
- The government will verify and publish the list of beneficiaries.
- You can then rent the equipment which is likely to be available at various Tahsil offices or related offices.
- Applicant’s Aadhar card
- Bank account passbook
- Farm papers
- Mobile number
- Housing certificate
- Identity card
- Passport size photos
- Signature verification of applicants
With the Mukhyamantri Harit Krishi Sanyantra Yojana, the farmers no longer have to worry about their expenses for the usage of heavy agricultural machinery. They can hire such machinery without any rental charges. They can easily improve their farming and better their productivity without suffering heavy losses or incurring expenses. This will help boost the agriculture sector in the state. Most importantly, this will save farmers from debts which they usually get into, to use this equipment.
Note: The information contained herein is for informational purposes only. Nothing herein shall be construed to be financial or legal advice. Pesticides are a considerable risk of loss in crops and viewers are advised to do their own research before making any decisions.