The Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Govt. of India collaborated with the National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (MANAGE), Hyderabad, conducted a one-day event called ‘Awareness on Agripreneurship cum Exhibition for Farm Women’ at PAMETI, Ludhiana, PAU Campus, with the objective of creating awareness among farm women and women entrepreneurs regarding entrepreneurial opportunities in Agriculture & Allied Sectors and using digital media for upscaling and promoting their enterprise.
- More than 350 farm women and women agripreneurs from all 23 districts of Punjab participated in the event.
- An exhibition was displayed by around 20 women agripreneurs from different districts of Punjab, showcasing a variety of products like printed suits, handmade jewelry, Kantha dresses, hair oil, muffins, pickles, chutneys, soap, vermicompost, jute bags, amla products, moringa powder, candies, other millet products, planters, Phulkari dupatta, honey, painted suits, cocopeat, millets cookies, jam, squash, nursery products and more.
- Exhibitors were educated on leveraging digital media platforms and government support at the state and central level to scale and promote their businesses.
- Eminent subject matter experts gave presentations to create awareness among farm women and women entrepreneurs.
- Shri S R Ingle, Joint Director (Extension) from the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare, Govt. of India, was the Chief Guest and emphasized the importance of G20 side and main events, and provided an overview of the G20 events organized by the Ministry.
- Shri Ingle emphasized the importance of a sound marketing strategy and appropriate labeling of products to enhance their infrastructure. Additionally, he explained the potential benefits of the Agri Infrastructure Fund (AIF) scheme by the MoA&FW, Govt. of India, which can aid these women entrepreneurs in establishing and expanding their primary and secondary processing units.
- Dr. Veenita Kumari, Deputy Director (Gender Studies) at MANAGE, Hyderabad, also conducted a session on digital marketing for branding and promoting their enterprise and provided information about the agripreneurship program for women, raising awareness among the attendees.
- Few progressive women entrepreneurs shared their experiences on entrepreneurial journeys and motivated other women participants on the use of digital and social media for growing their enterprise.
The event “Awareness on Agripreneurship cum Exhibition for Farm Women” was a commendable initiative aimed at raising awareness among farm women and women entrepreneurs about entrepreneurial prospects in the Agriculture & Allied Sectors, as well as the use of digital media to scale up and promote their businesses. The event brought together women agripreneurs from different districts of Punjab to exhibit their products and learn about effective marketing strategies, digital marketing and various government schemes that can benefit their enterprises.