In a bid to transform the lives of Indian farmers, the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme emerges as a beacon of hope. This pioneering Central Sector Scheme is designed to provide invaluable financial support to farmer families across the nation, revolutionizing the agricultural landscape. With an unwavering commitment to eliminate intermediaries and ensure direct benefits, the PM-KISAN scheme leverages technology to empower farmers, driving inclusivity and prosperity in the farming community.
The Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) scheme is a revolutionary initiative designed to empower Indian farmers through direct financial assistance. This Central Sector Scheme disburses Rs. 6000 annually in three equal installments directly into the Aadhaar-linked bank accounts of eligible farmer families. Leveraging technology, the scheme has disbursed over Rs. 2.60 Lakhs Crores to more than 11 Crore farmers, with a focus on women farmers too. The scheme’s hallmark features include its global benchmark in Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT), the PM-KISAN mobile app with face authentication, and strategic awareness efforts through regional languages and social media.
- Direct Financial Assistance: Within this pioneering initiative, qualifying farmer households receive a yearly financial grant of Rs. 6000, distributed in three uniform installments of Rs. 2000 each. This support directly reflects in their Aadhaar Seeded bank accounts, boosting their financial stability.
- Technology-Powered Implementation: The PM-KISAN scheme’s implementation harnesses technology to ensure seamless administration and widespread accessibility. With the integration of digital tools, the benefits reach farmers without intermediaries, eliminating corruption and inefficiencies.
- Empowerment of Women Farmers: The scheme recognizes the pivotal role of women in agriculture by disbursing benefits to over 3 Crore women farmers out of the 11 Crore beneficiaries, driving gender inclusivity and economic empowerment.
- Massive Financial Disbursement: Over Rs. 2.60 Lakhs Crores have been disbursed by the Government of India to more than 11 Crore farmers since the scheme’s inception. This colossal investment stands as a testament to the government’s commitment to transforming the lives of farmers.
- Global DBT Benchmark: The PM-KISAN scheme emerges as a global benchmark in Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) initiatives. By directly transferring funds to Aadhaar-linked bank accounts, the scheme bypasses intermediaries, ensuring that farmers reap the full benefits.
- Aadhaar Utilization for Verification: The scheme operates under the framework of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, benefits, and services) Act, 2016, utilizing farmers’ Aadhaar information for verification purposes, including electronic Know Your Customer (eKYC).
- Digital Evolution: The PM-KISAN mobile app, launched in February 2020, is a game-changer in the scheme’s implementation. With the integration of face authentication in June 2023, the app empowers farmers further, enabling them to complete their e-KYC effortlessly. Key highlights include:
- User-Friendly Interface: The PM-KISAN mobile app, available on the Google Play Store for Android phones, features a user-friendly interface that simplifies the e-KYC process for farmers.
- Effortless e-KYC: Through the app, farmers can complete their own e-KYC and extend assistance to up to 100 fellow farmers in their vicinity, fostering a spirit of community empowerment.
- Government Nodal Officers: State government officials, at district, block, and village levels, can perform e-KYC for 500 farmers using their registered mobile numbers, ensuring efficient and widespread coverage.
- Digital Consent and Face Scanning: To enhance security and privacy, the facial e-KYC process requires farmers to provide digital consent before their facial data is scanned, ensuring data protection.
- Regional Language Messages: To reach farmers across linguistic barriers, the scheme sends text messages in regional languages, ensuring that every beneficiary is informed and engaged at different stages.
- Social Media Engagement: Leveraging platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube, both Central and State Governments interact with farmers, disseminating information about eligibility, verification processes, and benefits.
In the era of technology, the PM-KISAN scheme stands tall as a transformative force for India’s farming community. By utilizing cutting-edge digital tools, the scheme empowers farmers, eliminates intermediaries, and ensures direct financial assistance, marking a significant step toward an inclusive and prosperous agricultural landscape. With over 2.60 Lakhs Crores disbursed and more than 11 Crore farmers benefiting, the PM-KISAN scheme is a testament to the government’s commitment to the welfare of its farmers. Through digital empowerment, the scheme heralds a new dawn for Indian agriculture, promising a brighter future for those who feed the nation.