The One District One Product (ODOP) scheme, launched by the Indian government in 2018, is an initiative aimed at promoting traditional and indigenous industries across the country. The primary objective of the scheme is to identify and develop a particular product in each district that has the potential to create sustainable employment opportunities and contribute to the local economy. The scheme also provides support for branding, design and packaging to improve the marketing and sales of these products. By focusing on the development of specific products in each district, the ODOP scheme aims to create local employment opportunities and improve the socio-economic conditions of the people in those districts.
- Scheme Name: One District One Product Scheme
- Scheme Modified: N/A
- Scheme Money Allocated: INR 5,000 crore
- Type Government Scheme: Central Government of India
- Sponsored / Sector Scheme: Sponsored Scheme
- Website to apply: https://odop.gov.in/
- Helpline No.: 1800115565
Features of One District One Product Scheme:
|Program Name||One District One Product (ODOP) Program|
|Purpose||To identify and promote a single product per district based on its potential and national priorities|
|Coverage||Operates in 35 States/UTs, covering 728 districts, and focuses on goods in the agricultural and related sectors|
|Objectives||Funding and support for local manufacturers and exporters to scale up manufacturing, create employment opportunities, and reach prospective consumers outside India|
|Methodology||The ODOP method is used to procure inputs, avail shared services, and market goods to benefit from scale|
|Support Offered||Assistance for processing, prevention of wastage, assaying, storage, and marketing of agricultural products, as well as support for branding, design and packaging to enhance the marketing and sales of these products|
|Benefits||Farmers and local entrepreneurs can benefit greatly from this scheme by identifying and developing traditional products, which can improve the socio-economic conditions of people in those districts|
Latest News about the Scheme:
The ODOP GeM Bazaar was launched on the Government e-Marketplace (GeM) to promote sales and procurement of ODOP products across the country. The ODOP initiative was identified for the prestigious Prime Minister’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration in Holistic Development through the ODOP category in April 2022. Many state governments have allocated funds to promote and develop ODOP products, and are taking steps to improve the marketing and sales of these products. The government of Madhya Pradesh has also launched an e-commerce platform for ODOP products to make it easier for consumers to purchase these products online.
- Identification of prospective items in each region to develop an export center
- Assistance to local businesses to scale up their manufacturing
- Creation of job possibilities in the district \Promotion of exports, manufacturing, and services industry in the district
- Encourages value chain development and alignment of support infrastructure
Drawback of the Scheme:
While the strategy concentrates on perishable products, it may not be effective for farmers who do not grow such products.
How to Apply?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for the One District One Product Scheme:
- Visit the official website of the One District One Product Scheme
- Find the ‘Apply Now’ button on the website and click on it to begin the application process
- Read the instructions carefully and fill in the application form with all the required details
- Upload the necessary documents
- Once you have filled in all the details and uploaded the required documents, submit the application form
- After submitting the application form, you will receive an acknowledgement receipt with a unique application ID
- The application will be processed by the concerned department and verified for eligibility
- If your application is accepted, you will receive an approval letter with details on the amount of funding, terms and conditions and timelines for implementation.
- You can then start the project implementation and claim the funds as per the approved pattern of funding.
- Ensure that you comply with all the terms and conditions of the scheme and submit the progress reports and utilization certificates on time to continue receiving the funding
- Aadhar Card
- PAN Card
- Bank Account Details
- Land Ownership Documents
- GST Registration
The One District One Product Scheme is an important project of the Indian government to identify and promote prospective products in each district of the country, thereby creating an export hub and generating employment possibilities in the area. The project utilizes the One District One Product (ODOP) method to enable local manufacturers to scale up their manufacturing and develop exports, manufacturing and services industry in the area.